Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tagged!

Rachel tagged me and though I often do not respond, I am feeling a stuck moment on my thesis currently, so here goes! (be impressed... two posts in one days!)

3 JOYS:
1)The Gospel of Jesus Christ. What amazing knowledge to know where we came from, where we are going, and how to live life while we are here. It is really a wonderful perspective that helps on all of the hard days. True joy is found in the Atonement.
2)Bargain Shopping. This has gotten me into trouble a little in the last month, but I LOVE finding a good deal (groceries, cloths, yard sales, etc!)
3)Family.. not to be put second to bargain shopping! These are really not in order :-) I love spending time with our families and friends who are like family. Who would have thought I would ever say that being the obnoxious and rebellious family hating teenager that I once used to be! I love my FAMILY!

3 FEARS:
1)MOTHS! I truly hate these insects. The Book of Mormon even discusses how "moth doth corrupt" and I could not agree more! I cannot sleep when there is a moth in the house and if there is one in my car, I have been known to pull over and wait for a long time until the stupid insect finally finds it's way outside. I hate them. Do not ever even think about trying to taunt me with one or I will hate you forever. Truly.
2)Kyle dying. Period. I have had such awful dreams where this is the case and I wake up distraught and shaken for days. Mortality is such a short period of time and I am so grateful for sealing covenants in the temple that bind us, but I would hate to have been blessed with a year together in this life and then lose him!
3)
3 CURRENT OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS:
1) I hate collecting things... I really dislike the clutter and fading nature of collections. My family teased me that for our wedding, they were going to get all chicken themed trinkets for my kitchen (Hicken... too similar to Chicken!)ggrrr.
2) Ok I lied... I do collect one thing... Digital scrapbook freebies. I collect so many in hopes that one day I will have my thesis done and be able to digi scrap without guilt. For now, I have a wonderful external hard drive that keeps my freebie collection free of clutter!
3) Copy cat recipes. I google almost every night before dinner to find recipes that taste like something we have tried and loved at a restaurant. If you have a good one, please share!

3 SURPRISING FACTS:
1)I get freaked out praying on the floor kneeling by my bed. My brothers took great joy in scaring me and taking advantage of my jumpy nature as a kid, so even now, I feel distracted praying on the floor always wondering if someone is going to grab me. I know.. I am still scared of the boogey man!
2) About once every few years, I get this sense of justice and have to go advocate for something or fight a policy. Recently, I have fought for the abolishment of the thesis in MFT programs, gotten a BYU professor fired for unjust treatment, and helped my little sister in law take USU to their limit fighting the out of state tuition policy. Maybe my next career should be in law... I hear they don't have a thesis!
3)My garden died this year... completely. I was really interested to see how I took it. It felt like I had failed in something and it was a personal blow to me because I have considered myself to be good at growing things. Even after we realized that a weedkiller placed in the ground before we had planted by the landlord was the culprit, I still cried about it. I have a very difficult time feeling like I fail at something. Perhaps another insight into why the thesis has been so difficult for me.

Ok enough about me.. if you need a break from life, then gentle reader (I love how Miss Manners calls her readers that!) feel free to consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

No wonder we get along so well! I share your fear of my spouse dying (especially the first year, I worried about it A LOT), I hate kneeling on the floor for the same reason(I kneel on my bed--you may remember from freshman year...), and I love finding and saving digital freebies for future reference. And I love yard saling, and numbers 1 and 3 of your joys, of course.

Devony said...

Jane Austen calls her readers "Gentle Audience" in Emma too! I like it. Fun facts hon and I'm with you on the moths! Eww!

The Larchars said...

I love it love it love it! So glad you did it! Thanks!!! I knew yours would be fun!!! :-)

Brandon and Erica said...

I have the same fear! I always have bad dreams that Brandon is going to die. I even take it to the extreme sometimes and freak out when he doesn't answer his phone.

Oh man, alli-oop. How do I ever get over this phobe?