Friday, February 22, 2008

Catching Up!

It has been too long since I have blogged anything of our events and before my online journal gets outdated, I decided we needed a quick weeks in review post. I have been flat in bed for about two weeks, so I apologize for not calling some of you back or meeting deadlines, but I think that I am back on my feet (though still hacking like a mad woman! I love Tissues with Aloe!) Here are a few of the things that we have been up to.

1. The End of Kyle's internship and the beginning of the job search. So far, he is on interview #2 with a small startup company who need an accounting assistant, so it looks pretty promising


2. A weekend in Idaho and the Cabin. A few weeks ago we went to the cabin with my parents to celebrate the end of Kyle's internship and his birthday. The snow was outrageous (more than Idaho Falls has seen in years!) These pictures are for the benefit of my brother Nate who lives too far away to see how our house is COVERED in snow! At the cabin it was not much better!! We had to step down onto our steps because the snow was so high. I spent this time inside huddled up sick. Kyle had fun!
This picture is taken from the bedroom window.... on the SECOND FLOOR!! It was 20 feet in the air and there is a nasty snow drift! I have never worried about flooding on the second floor before! This has been a record snow year for many of these areas.


3. A weekend in Colorado. Aaron and Dev, I wish we had been in your neck on the woods, but we only hung out in Grand Junction area with my grandparents. Surprisingly, I only took one photo though! We spent President's day weekend with my parents and Kellie. My grandparents live across the street from each other, so we were able to visit with both sides. We did some playing and some dejunking at Grandma's house (that was actually pretty neat! I have rarely seen medicine bottles from the 1950's! Yikes!). It was also fun because Kyle served his LDS mission in the Denver Colorado South mission and so we were able to visit two of his areas and see some of the familiar streets from his mission days (as well as showing him the places of my childhood since I grew up there!). My mom's parents came with us on a shopping excursion (gotta check for deals!) and we had to laugh. They made new friends on every bench they sat on and we came back one time and found them both sound asleep! In all it was a great weekend away and I got back finally feeling a little bit rested and on the road to recovery. I think that I caught a flu right after a nasty cold and the combination = 2 weeks out flat. Yuck!

4 comments:

Devony said...

Too bad we didn't get to see you - maybe this summer when you are WELL!!! Glad you had fun though!

LittleFamilyJL said...

I've heard about all the snow in Idaho! It is crazy, but a huge blessing, I'm sure.
It sounds like you guys have a lot of connection to Colorado. I didn't know that you grew up there.... We actually spent some time there last summer and it was beautiful!
I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better! Good luck with the job-interviews etc.

Michelle said...

I can't believe how sick you've been!! Crazy!! I hope you're building up enough immunity to all the bugs that once you're through this deluge you won't be sick for another couple of years... I'm sorry! I'm glad you're feeling a little better right now.

Dawn said...

Hi Allison, that is a typical picture of Grandma and Grandpa. That is what we do with them when we go to the mall too, Hope you had fun dejunking, I bet their is still more.. Mom got your cold she sounds awful but says she feels better, Dad is knocking on wood.
Wow, you did a lot of snow in IF. You guys can keep it. We are snow free for now-- 60's tomorrow.