Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Autumn Date Night

I admit it... I am super jealous every time I look at my google reader and see another one of my good friends taking their families to an adorable pumpkin patch with games and activities. I think that we are missing out a little in Logan. Plus, with this major thesis crunch, I have felt like Summer slipped away (cause I was working on thesis and in the sick phase of the first tri for it all!) and now Autumn is slipping by too (too much thesis!). To celebrate my success in meeting my deadline, Kyle and I planned a "cram the season into one night" date night. We invited two of my good friends, Steve and Natalie, to be set up on a blind date to join us. In our attempts to find an awesome pumpkin patch, we fell short. What we did find was a field with a cash box chained to a trailer. We went into a small patch of ground, picked our favorite pumpkin, and then paid what we thought it was worth. Not exactly full of treats and games and rides, but it was sufficient. I was so excited to get a cute pumpkin picture, but it was getting dark when we got there. This is the best I could do!


The four of us went back to our little place and proceeded to carve our pumpkins: A pirate (mine), the Bat Signal (Kyle), A student after finals (Steve), and a celestial star theme (Natalie). Then we attempted making caramel apples for the first time and I have to say, I was pleased with our success!


In all, it helped me to feel like I was back in the land of the living... at least for a night or so! This week, we set a goal to enjoy at least one autumn walk TOGETHER before it is dark (we rarely see each other before then these days) through the crunchy leaves and to attend Logan's claim to fame: the PUMPKIN WALK. Hopefully we will get to go there this weekend and some fun pictures will follow! Happy Fall!

9 comments:

Ryan & Janna said...

I love your pumpkins! We're still trying to find time to do all the fun fall stuff with our kids. Daddy gets home a little late, and Mommy just can't tackle a project like that on her own. I'm glad you are trying for the stroller. You will need it before you know it, and you're right super handy for other kids too. You're one smart cookie!

Jerolyn & Bruce said...

I am impressed with how cute the pumpkins look. Kyle always did like art. And the caramel apples look so yummy!! I haven't had them for a long time. Alli- you look like a very cute pregnant mom!! Love Ya

Us Bailey's said...

Very cute! I am impressed with the pumpkins! Very creative!!! Glad your still making time for some FuN!

Boyd and Becky Ann Kent said...

Glad you're having a little fun after all the drama. Sorry I'll take your last name off. I obviously have not been blog surfing in awhile. Congrats on being rid of your thesis for awhile and good luck with all that. Your pumkins are very impressive.

Devony said...

Good luck getting your together time in! Remember that you'll have even less couple time in a few months! It looks like you had a great time and everyone's pumpkins were fantastic!

forsgren@wic.net said...

I love your happenings. Did you really get rid of that old troublesome theise at last??? I'm worried about that for you. Hope things turn out for the best soon. Your both looking good and have fun while you can. Love Grandma Great

Stephanie said...

What a fun idea! I think Tim and I will have to do something like this coming up soon. It is crazy how fast time really does slip away!

Dawn said...

you poor thing. just don't over do so you exhaust yourself. things will work out and it was good that you got to go out evan for a little bit. Take care

Dawn

Lund Family said...

Looks like you had fun in the pumpkin patch. You look great! Hope you are feeling alright!