Once I felt that I had reached a stopping point for the day, we met up with my dear friend, Rosemary (from my former office at BYU) for lunch at the Cougar Eat and then my mom and I left for an adventure in Consignment Shopping....maternity style! Provo has much better shopping than Logan and so we had great success in one little shop. Thanks mom for your help! I didn't have many pants that fit right now and so it was becoming a little essential to get some new wardrobe. My tummy is just starting to poke out and it is just enough so that anything not loose around my mid section is really uncomfortable.
We picked Kellie up from her conference, we then dashed back to BYU to meet up with my brother, Nate's super cute girlfriend, Tanja, for dinner! I think Nate was a little sad to have missed the initial "meeting the family" moment, but we sure didn't mind! After desperately trying to find a place to eat, we settled on Los Hermanos for some tasty Mexican food.
It made for an enjoyable evening and we had too much fun laughing when the guy in the table that had just had our food dumped on them finished it off by spilling his water everywhere! Good times!
I struggled that night at the hotel... I was on a roll away cot and having the beginnings of a cold made for a miserable night.. heartburn, missing Kyle, seriously aching back and hips, sore throat and congestion... let's just say that I woke up feeling pretty miserable. I tried to shake it the next day, but I basically felt like a vegetable while my mom drove us to yard sales, Costco, other stores, etc. We met up with Aaron and Allyson (my bro and sis in law) in Ogden for lunch and then I slept all the way back to Logan. I got home and was so dead that I laid on the bed while Kyle tried to massage out my aches and pains while we both listened to a fabulous Relief Society Broadcast. I think that it was the first time Kyle had ever listened to one and it was fun to talk about it afterwards. In all, it was a good getaway and made me even more grateful for days that I feel good and for my wonderful pillowtop mattress. This week has been crammed with a lot of coding transcripts for my thesis and I find out how close I am to my timeline today at my thesis meeting! Wish me luck!
p.s. the apartment we were looking at fell through... I just got a really panicked feeling after some miscommunication with our future landlord. Anybody know of a cheap 2 bedroom rental in Logan?
7 comments:
Let's get one thing straight. You make Tanja uncomfortable...I make you uncomfortable. Grr... ;-)
A party in Provo...never thought I would say it, but I miss it a ton! Sorry you weren't feeling well.
Alli! I didn't even know you were pregnant! That is so exciting. What a fun date, April Fools. Are you hoping for a boy or girl or does it not matter? How are you feeling? I'm sicker this pregnancy than with Siena, but no puking, so at least that's good. I'll look forward to checking up on you!
Love, Michelle
I love your baby ticker. Congrats!
I think everything is an adventure for you! I love it!!! I hope you told Rosemary hi for me! Oh, and I think we threw our wedding cake topper away when we found it for our second wedding anniversary!!!
Way fun! I love girls weekends. Have you found Wicked tickets yet?
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who feels tired, achy, and like a vegetable. I was feeling bad for being "lazy", but you helped me to realize that I'm not lazy... just pregnant! Thanks.
Post a Comment