This last week has been full of lots of ups and downs. First off, the high of the week. I love General Conference! I thoroughly enjoyed being able to skip all of my Sunday meetings and getting to rest while hearing inspired counsel for our day! I loved that it was rainy all weekend and it made curling up with a blanket and Kyle so enjoyable! I am really liking this Fall season. Too bad it means Winter is next!
The rough part of the week had to do with cars. I really think that car repairs are the pits and this week, my car decided to die. We finally realized that it was luckily just a battery problem, but replacing the battery was an expensive little adventure! not to mention that my car registration is expired, but I was unable to go get the safety inspection done to renew it since the car was dead! Sheesh! I am also really trying to find someone who will pass my cracked windshield on the inspection because I had to pay $160 last year to replace a cracked windshield and then it is cracked again (ironically only a few months after it was replaced...curse the sand from snowplows!) This is an expensive month for cars.
Also in news last week, I was summoned for Jury Duty! Having recently watched the movie Runaway Jury, I am hoping that somehow my name will get called up on a really interesting case, but in this county, I am eligible for 6 months. Not sure how I will handle Jury duty while I am in labor, but who knows! I just hope that when I get called up, it will not conflict with my holiday plans or baby needs!
To end on a positive note, I had my October Checkup this morning and the baby is doing great! The heartbeat has consistently been above 160 beats per minute, so my doctor teased that if I believe in old wives tales, then this is definitely a girl. Who knows! We scheduled our gender ultrasound for November 12th, so we will know for sure in a month! I could have gone earlier, but I want to be sure that we can get a clear picture, so I guess I will just have to anxiously await November! We have so much to be grateful for this year!
This week's projects include 2 tests for Kyle, a major thesis week for me (hoping to submit a final draft this week!) and at the end of the week, we will head to the cabin to meet up with my brother Nate and his girlfriend, Tanja, for the official "meet the family" weekend! We will also welcome home Elder Spencer Bell (a favorite of Kellie's!!) officially as he will give his report in church next weekend. Should be fun!
5 comments:
Are you kidding me, is Kellie's missionary coming home already? Has it really been 2 years?! Where does the time go?
Matthew's heartbeat was always 140s 150s, so maybe the old wives tale has something to it--haha! :)
I'm sorry about your car- can you fill it in yourself? I know Mike has done that a few times and you can barely tell the crack is there! Good luck with everything and have fun waiting (hahaha!)
Hi Alli! Its Haylee Devony's little sister. I just wanted to say congrats on your baby that's on the way! And we waited to have our gender ultrasound too and it was worth it! even in a week or so there is so much more developed! And I look at the pictures now and Isaac looks just like those ultrasound pictures! Nose and all!
Hey Allison,Just wanted to say hey!
I just started a blog of my family and I love it! It's so addicting.
Grandma game me your link so I looked you up. It's so fun to follow people you hardly ever see. Congratz on the addition. I'm sure your mom is just beside herself
Carie
(sorry, it's hard for me to call you Alli)
LOL. Welcome Haylee and Carie to the blog! Always glad to have new people stopping through. And Carie... you can always call me Allison! Since Aaron married and Allyson and another girl in my graduate program was Allison too, I have adopted Alli, but I am still called both! Can't wait to see your family updates!
Post a Comment